[Cl-smoke] Building cl-smoke

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 23:59:46 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Tobias Rautenkranz <tobias at rautenkranz.ch>wrote:

> > Can I do anything useful with just libsmokeqtcore? (And if not, what
> >  minimal subset of libraries do you recommend?)
> Well, you can do some console stuff. :)
> (defun clock ()
>  ;; C-c C-c ABORT-APP to quit.
>  (qt:with-core-app ()
>    (let ((timer (make-instance 'qt:timer)))
>      (qt:connect (qt:get-signal timer "timeout()")
>                  #'(lambda ()
>                      (format t "time: ~A~%"
>                              (cxx:to-string (qt:time.current-time)))))
>      (cxx:start timer 1000)
>      (qt:exec))))
>
> List all classes in the qtcore module:
>  (smoke::map-classes #'(lambda (c) (print (smoke:name c)))
>                      cl-smoke.qt.core::*smoke-module*))
>
> I recommend at least libsmokeqtgui and libsmokeqtcore; but it depends on
> what
> you would like to do.

Well I finally managed to compile most of the smoke modules, so now I can
use QtGui :-)

Is there any easy way to compile just the examples that I have compiled
smoke for? E.g. I had to modify the asd file to avoid loading Phonon since I
wasn't able to compile that specific smoke module.

Finally, what is the status of cl-smoke on Mac and Windows? I haven't been
able to compile smoke on Windows yet, but I've got most of the smoke modules
working on Mac. When I tried compile libclsmoke on Mac, it seemed to run
into errors with the build system (I can provide the error messages if you
are interested in debugging them).

Thanks again.

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay