[Cl-smoke] Building cl-smoke on Mac OS X

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 23:23:11 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 10:25 AM, Tobias Rautenkranz
<tobias at rautenkranz.ch>wrote:

> > Finally, what is the status of cl-smoke on Mac and Windows?
> It's Linux only since I have neither a Mac nor Windows; and there will most
> certainly be some things to fix to get it running on the other platforms.
>
> > I haven't been
> > able to compile smoke on Windows yet, but I've got most of the smoke
> >  modules working on Mac. When I tried compile libclsmoke on Mac, it
> seemed
> >  to run into errors with the build system (I can provide the error
> messages
> >  if you are interested in debugging them).
> I will see, what I can find, when you provide them.

Here is the error message. (I also included the configure output in case it
is relevant.)

Throgh:smoke elliott$ rm -rf CMakeCache.txt
Throgh:smoke elliott$ cmake . -G "Unix Makefiles"
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-I/opt/local/include -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/local
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether C compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot
-- Checking whether CXX compiler has -isysroot - yes
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11
-- Looking for Q_WS_X11 - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN
-- Looking for Q_WS_WIN - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS
-- Looking for Q_WS_QWS - not found.
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC
-- Looking for Q_WS_MAC - found
-- Looking for QT_MAC_USE_COCOA
-- Looking for QT_MAC_USE_COCOA - not found.
-- Found Qt-Version 4.6.1 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Performing Test CXX_VISIBILITY
-- Performing Test CXX_VISIBILITY - Success
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/Users/elliott/Programming/Lisp/asdf/smoke
Throgh:smoke elliott$ make
[ 33%] Building CXX object src/libsmoke/CMakeFiles/clsmoke.dir/smoke.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object
src/libsmoke/CMakeFiles/clsmoke.dir/smokebinding.cpp.o
Linking CXX shared module libclsmoke.so
i686-apple-darwin9-g++-4.0.1: -current_version only allowed with -dynamiclib
make[2]: *** [src/libsmoke/libclsmoke.0.0.1.so] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/libsmoke/CMakeFiles/clsmoke.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

--
Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay